What You Need to Know Before Laser Hair Removal
Dr. Sedgh’s Laser hair removal treatment uses the state-of-the-art Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System, one of the most advanced laser technologies on the market with FDA approval. For best results, laser hair removal must be performed by a licensed professional. Dr. Sedgh is a double-board certified plastic surgeon makes him the ideal medical professional for custom laser hair removal treatments.
What is laser hair removal? Does it work?
West Hollywood laser hair removal works by delivering a concentrated light into the hair follicle where the pigment absorbs the light. The light destroys the follicle, preventing further growth.
Will it remove hair permanently?
Laser hair removal will diminish hair growth long term, but eventually, some hairs will return to the treated area. You will need several treatments to achieve optimal results. Over time, any hair that returns in lighter and finer, and less noticeable. Follow-up treatments can be performed yearly.
How many treatments will I need?
Typically, most people require around eight sessions between four to six weeks apart to achieve optimal results.
Are there any side effects?
Minor side effects sometimes are seen in our patients. It’s important to have a professional like Dr. Sedgh and his expertise help you get rid of unwanted hair to minimize these side effects.
- Mild swelling around the treated hair follicles can occur.
- The treatment can temporarily alter the color of your skin pigment.
- Reddened skin in the treated area.
- Skin irritation which could affect skin texture. This can include blistering and slight scarring. These side effects are temporary.
Home devices vs laser hair removal at a medical spa?
Many do-it-yourself home devices have recently become available to consumers. Although these devices are cheaper and more convenient than undergoing laser hair removal at our medical spa, the results are different.
Home device results
- Due to safety concerns, home devices are not as powerful as the lasers used by a board-certified plastic surgeon. It is far more difficult to achieve hair-free skin with these devices. These devices cannot come close to the results achieved with the Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System.
- A home-use system requires a good contrast of color between hair and skin for the laser to emit the light energy to the hair follicle. For lighter hair, you will achieve far superior results with an advanced laser hair removal system.
- If your skin is a darker color, you may be at risk of burns from a home device. Some have sensors to prevent this side effect, but not all. Many home devices are not effective for people with darker skin tones.
Laser hair removal results
Professional grade lasers used in our office have no limitations on skin color. We calibrate the Laser Hair Removal system for your exact coloring and needs.
- Fewer sessions needed for Laser Hair Removal as compared to any home devices.
- Professional care for any minor side effects resulting from the treatment.
- Longer span of time without hair regrowth.
Why should you choose Dr. Sedgh for laser hair removal?
If you want to reduce hair growth and achieve the best results available today, the Palomar Icon™ Aesthetic System is a top performer. Dr. Sedgh’s impressive credentials as a double-board certified plastic surgeon qualify him to perform this non-invasive laser treatment with the advanced Palomar Icon™ XD laser. Dr. Sedgh is meticulous, talented, and known for his exceptional skills in performing advanced laser hair removal treatments. If you wish to learn more, don’t hesitate to contact us today and schedule a consultation with Dr. Sedgh.