Restylane is a brand of dermal fillers formulated to treat each aspect of your face that requires a boost of volume and moisture. Restylane dermal fillers can add volume to your cheeks, plump your lips, and smooth fine lines and wrinkles in delicate areas.
What is Restylane?
Restylane dermal fillers are hyaluronic acid gel fillers that vary in their density depending on the area and condition they are enhancing. Hyaluronic acid is a sugar that we naturally produce in our tissues. It attracts and holds moisture, helping to do everything from lubricating your joints to adding youthful volume and moisture to your skin. As we age, we produce less and less of hyaluronic acid, and we see this especially in the more delicate skin on our faces. Restylane dermal fillers can restore some of that much needed hyaluronic acid to your skin.
The benefits of Restylane
There are many benefits from Restylane dermal fillers, relied on as a high-performance anti-aging injectable. Some of these benefits include:
- Restoring hyaluronic acid to your skin for added moisture and a brighter complexion
- Adding volume to sunken cheeks
- Diminishing the appearance of heavy folds and creases around the nose and mouth
- Luscious looking lips
- Smoothed fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth
To find out more about the benefits and to see if Restylane is the best option for your cosmetic goals, schedule a consultation with Dr. Sedgh today!
What are the treatment areas?
Restylane can treat many facial areas, including:
- Cheeks: Sunken areas of the cheeks, or along the cheekbone ridge for enhanced contour and definition
- Lips: to add volume and moisture to thin lips or to add a natural, luscious plumpness
- Chin: to enhance the shape or projection of the chin as a form of chin augmentation
- Eye troughs: to create a refreshed look to your face
- Nasolabial folds (lines that run from your nose to your mouth)
- Marionette lines (lines that run from your mouth to your chin)
- Backs of the hands to restore lost volume
The Restylane treatment in West Hollywood
Your treatment may begin with a topical anesthetic to reduce any discomfort that you may experience with the injection of the dermal filler. The filler itself contains lidocaine, a mild anesthetic, that minimizes the risk of pain during and after the treatment. A variety of fillers may be used depending on the areas you want to treat. Each session is tailored to match your vision. You can expect to see the results immediately, although the results will change and settle slightly over the following days as any swelling, redness, or bruising subsides.
The Restylane family of advanced dermal fillers
Restylane fillers are available in several formulas, each developed to restore volume in specific facial areas:
- Restylane Lyft: To restore volume on the backs of the hands, cheek augmentation, treat more extensive age-related volume loss in the mid-face region
- Restylane Defyne: For smooth deeper lip lines, smile lines, and lines from corners of the mouth onto the chin (marionette lines).
- Restylane Silk: For subtle lip augmentation, smooth and natural.
- Restylane Refyne: For marionette lines without affecting your natural facial expressions.
How long do the results last?
The results from Restylane dermal fillers can last between six to nine months as an average. Lip fillers may only last between three to four months due to a thinner density of filler. Restylane fillers for the eye troughs may last up to a year. As the different fillers have varying thicknesses, they are metabolized or reabsorbed by the body at different rates. Also, the amount of motion in the area can play a role in the longevity of the filler, as areas such as the lips, that experience the most movement, are more likely to metabolize the filler more quickly.
Why choose Dr. Sedgh?
Dr. Sedgh is a well-known and trusted double board-certified facial plastic surgeon with top-level credentials and years of experience helping people with their cosmetic goals. He and his team are knowledgeable and welcoming and can help you with any questions that you may have regarding Restylane and dermal filler treatments. His artistry will allow you to look younger and refreshed – in the most natural and authentic way.
Comfort & Transparency From Start To Finish
When under the care of Dr. Sedgh, you will feel comfortable, cared for, and you will understand every aspect of your upcoming treatment, whether surgical or non-surgical. His approach to facial enhancement is to achieve a refreshed, natural look – with transparency, honesty, and the highest level of ethical treatment, from start to finish.