There are many different kinds of nose surgery that can treat a variety of different nose shapes and conditions—but how do you know which one will be right for you?
Here we provide an overview of the different kinds of nose jobs to make it easier to identify the one that might be most suitable for you.
What Are the Different Kinds of Nose Jobs?
There are various forms of nose surgery that can be performed to address a range of issues and concerns. These include:
- Cosmetic rhinoplasty: Cosmetic rhinoplasty can be used for patients who want to make aesthetic changes to their nose to improve its shape or proportions and produce a more balanced and attractive nose.
- Revision rhinoplasty: Revision rhinoplasty is a reconstructive procedure which can be used to correct issues derived from a previous rhinoplasty procedure.
- Functional rhinoplasty: Can be performed to address any functional nasal issues, such as breathing difficulties.
- Crooked nose surgery: Reconstructive surgery can be performed to better align the nasal bone and create a noticeably straighter nose while also addressing various functional issues.
- Septal perforation repair: A reconstructive procedure that can be performed to close a hole in the wall that divides the two nostril cavities (the nasal septum) to improve breathing issues and other nasal irregularities.
- Septoplasty: Can address functional issues caused by a deviated septum such as excessive snoring, nasal congestion and breathing difficulties, as well as treating aesthetic issues such as a crooked nose.
- Nasal fracture treatment: Nasal trauma such as a broken nose or fracture may require this reconstructive procedure to restore proper nasal alignment and functional performance.
- Rhinoplasty and chin implant: A dual surgical procedure which can be performed to produce optimal facial proportions and symmetry.
- Male rhinoplasty: Male rhinoplasty is either cosmetic or functional rhinoplasty that’s performed with careful consideration given to maintaining or strengthening the patient’s masculine facial features.
- Female rhinoplasty: Used to address either aesthetic or functional issues, female rhinoplasty is performed with the aim of producing a more feminine facial appearance.
- Ethnic rhinoplasty: Ethnic rhinoplasty can be performed to enhance nasal aesthetics or performance while maintaining the patient’s own natural ethnic characteristics.
- Teenage rhinoplasty: Functional or cosmetic nose surgery that is performed on adolescent patients.
- Liquid rhinoplasty: A non-surgical, minimally invasive form of cosmetic rhinoplasty that’s performed using liquid dermal fillers.
Common Questions About the Different Kinds of Nose Surgery
What type of nose job do I need?
This will depend on the individual condition you want to address. The best way to find out which type of nose job will be most effective at treating your personal condition is to seek the advice of a board-certified surgeon such as Dr. Jacob Sedgh.
Is nose surgery painful?
While rhinoplasty is typically performed under anesthesia, making it an entirely painless procedure, the recovery following a nose job can take some time. Most patients report some mild to moderate pain during the initial recovery stages, however this is usually easily managed with pain relief medication.
What are the side effects of nose surgery?
Most nose surgery patients experience side effects such as swelling, bruising and nasal congestion. It’s also common to notice some slight bleeding and mucus drainage when the nasal dressing is removed. With the advice of your surgeon, the side effects of nose surgery can be managed effectively without complication.
Considering if a Nose Job Is Right for You?
If you’re considering a nose job, make sure you schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Jacob Sedgh at Sedgh Plastic Surgery. As a double-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Sedgh can recommend which nose job procedure will be most effective at achieving the desired outcome.
Posted on behalf of Sedgh Plastic Surgery