If you are considering undergoing nose surgery in the Los Angeles area, choosing the right plastic surgeon is the most critical part of the process. For a successful outcome, both aesthetically and functionally, your surgery should be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon who is recognized for having exceptional talent and artistry and who uses the most advanced techniques. As your new nose shape will be with you in all the years ahead, choosing the right surgeon is not a minor decision.
What is rhinoplasty?
Cosmetic rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure performed to enhance the aesthetic appearance and proportions of the nose. Also known as a “nose job” or nose surgery, it addresses concerns such as pinched or flared nostrils, an excessively low or high nose bridge, overly large nasal tips, any nose shape issues such as a hump on the bridge or a or scooped profile, or any nasal asymmetry that disrupts the overall harmony of the face.
This procedure gives you a more refined and attractive nose by reshaping or resizing certain areas in a way that addresses your concerns and achieves improved balance with your other features.
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?
The nose is the focal point of the face, which is why even minor enhancements can have a profound impact on your facial aesthetics. Patients typically undergo cosmetic rhinoplasty to make the nose more visually appealing, to achieve a more pleasing facial profile, and to enhance facial harmony. Rhinoplasty can improve the following:
- Overly large nose structure that distracts
- A nasal bridge that is too low or too high
- Nasal tip that is too small or too large
- Drooping nose tip
- Nostrils that are too big, too wide, overly long, or too small
- Large, rounded, nose tip
- Pinched nose tip
- Asymmetrical nose shape
- Crooked nose
What is the cost of rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is a customized procedure and the cost varies, depending on the corrections needed. For a very pleasing, natural result, the most important issue is choosing the right plastic surgeon—far above cost. For an elegant, refined look in balance with your features, you can expect the procedure to cost in the range of $10,000 to $15,000. Never shop price when it comes to rhinoplasty, as a failure will require a second surgery.
Before & After
Types of rhinoplasty
Nose reshaping is performed to resolve the full range of aesthetic or functional nose issues. The procedure is planned around your specific problems, and various techniques may be needed to accomplish your vision, whether it is to resolve a hump on the bridge, a hanging nose tip, an overlarge nose, or a nose that is too narrow, flat, or pinched in appearance.
Cosmetic Nose Surgery
Most rhinoplasty procedures are performed for cosmetic reasons. As an elective surgery, it reshapes the nose structure so it is in balance with and enhances your other features.
Functional Nose Surgery
Some people have functional problems with nose structure, affecting healthy breathing. Whether due to trauma, nose polyps, a deviated septum, or a genetic flaw, these problems can be surgically repaired and may be performed along with cosmetic alterations.
Revision Nose Surgery
A nose surgery that has failed must be repaired. Whether the surgery left you with an uneven result, too little change, too much change, or if the nose structure collapsed due to poor technique, a revision rhinoplasty can be performed.
Certain ethnic traits are passed on through genetics but may not be appreciated. An ethnic rhinoplasty, when performed with skill, will not “westernize” your nose, but will bring greater balance and harmony to your features, while honoring your background.
Some minor nose shape issues can be resolved without surgery. A non-surgical rhinoplasty is performed with dermal fillers carefully injected to treat issues such as a minor hump on the bridge, a nose tip that is uneven or appears pinched, or to subtly raise the nose tip.
When you’re undergoing plastic surgery, it’s important to find comfort. At our practice, every element is designed around you. From the moment you enter our doors, each step is met with complete responsiveness from our team. Schedule a consultation, and discover why our practice is right for you.Read More
The surgical approach
Two different approaches can be used in nose surgery, open or closed.
The most common way to perform alterations to the nose structure is to access the nose structure through an incision made at the base of the columella, the strip of tissue between your nostrils. This approach allows your facial plastic surgeon full access to the structure so that alterations can be made with precision. The scar is virtually invisible once healed.
Some minor changes to nose structure can be made through incisions placed within the nostrils, with the advantage of invisible scars. This approach is only appropriate for minor nose shape alterations.
Recovery from rhinoplasty
The recovery from rhinoplasty requires some planning, as you will need to take about two weeks off work or your other usual activities. It is most often an outpatient procedure, although this will depend on the complexity of the case. It is normal to experience some swelling, bruising, nasal congestion, and in some cases, minor pain or discomfort in the first few days after surgery. These side effects diminish as the days pass and can be managed effectively with prescribed medications and proper post-op care. If your initial recovery goes well, you should be able to return to your normal activities within two to three weeks.
Nose job recovery timeline
- Immediately after: When you awaken after surgery, your nose will be bandaged. The alterations made to your nose structure will not be visible until the bandages and splint are removed.
- Day of surgery: On the day of surgery, you will need to be transported home by another person who should stay with you for the first night or two, taking care of your needs. Sleep with your head elevated and strictly avoid any vigorous physical motions. Your exercise is limited to taking short walks.
- One week: Your splint and bandages will be removed, along with any stitches. You will still have visible swelling and bruising, although less than before.
- Two weeks: Your new nose shape is starting to become visible, but not entirely, as the swelling has not fully disappeared. Your nose will look improved in form but will still appear a bit larger than it will be once your recovery is complete.
- One month: The swelling should have disappeared, and your new nose is starting to look great. You are free to show off your new look and should feel confident in social situations.
- Three months: Your nose looks natural, with the refinements to structure and shape visible. You can return to all your favorite activities, including sports, without concern. However—keep your nose protected!
- Six months: Very little swelling remains, although minor changes will continue for the rest of the year, most often only noticed by you, if at all. You are enjoying your new look!
- One year: Your nose looks natural and balanced and enhances your look. Your surgery was a long time ago—you may barely remember how you used to look!
Jacob Sedgh, MD
Dr. Jacob Sedgh is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has achieved acclaim for achieving exceptionally natural-looking results. His extensive knowledge, skills, and experience, and his dedication to his craft have led a reputation for excellence in facial plastic surgery. As a leading facial plastic surgeon practicing in West Hollywood, his warmth and genuine care and attention will help make your journey to beauty a pleasure.Read More
Choosing the right surgeon matters
Choosing the right surgeon for a nose job is the most critical point of a successful procedure. Dr. Sedgh has outstanding credentials, superior training, and can produce results that are a close match to the 3D simulation—which takes skill and artistry. He is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon with a deep understanding of facial aesthetics. He is known for consistently achieving excellent results beyond your expectations. He merges mastery of the most advanced surgical techniques with the attention and perfectionism of a sculptor for authentic, natural results in beautiful balance.
Comfort & Transparency From Start To Finish
When under the care of Dr. Sedgh, you will feel comfortable, cared for, and you will understand every aspect of your upcoming treatment, whether surgical or non-surgical. His approach to facial enhancement is to achieve a refreshed, natural look – with transparency, honesty, and the highest level of ethical treatment, from start to finish.